Sunday, October 19, 2008

Daddy Lovies Birthday

Marina Mandarin's buffet is love.

Food Whore!

*ignore the false dates*
This is in cronological order, serious.
Dessert is always on top of the list.


1.Hot Cheng Teng.
So yummy with lots and lots of dried logans.

2.Chinese Pancakes stuffed with red bean paste.
3.Durian Puff. (you know I don't eat durian, but this was rather good. The durian taste wasn't too strong, and it didn't leave a strong after taste)
4.Yam Kueh. Still wondering how they got the kueh to look like that. 5. Mango Mousse
6. Rasberry Mousse
7. Green Tea Mousse. yummy
8. Hazelnut Cake. It taste like the Thousand Leaves cake at Coffee Bean.
9. Apple Pie. It wan't that nice. Rather bland.10. Toasted Bagel for starters.11. One good bowl of sweet porriage for a cold rainy day.
12. That very nice fried casing that is supposed to have some radish filling, but I passed on it, cause I just love it plain. hah!
-
I know I said I swore off sushi after bf and tons showed me that horrendous video of bunch Japanese fishermen killing dolphins. But I figured I wont be eating any dolphins in my life, so I stopped my boycott.
-
13. Nori-tama (Sweeted egg wrapped with seaweed)
14. Uramaki (California roll)
15. Zaru Soba (Cold Saba noodles)16. Chee Kueh. Childhood food.
17. Siew Mai. The meat had a nice soft texture, but it lacked that crunch cause they didn't put in chopped water chestnuts.
18. Sweet Corn Ice-cream! (yam ice-cream at the bottom)
With my rainbow sprinkles, pink chocolate shavings and chopped macadamias.
Afer this, all I can say is LOSE WEIGHT! ROAR!

Happy Birthday Daddy Lovie!
I know he liked that TY Ghost I got him, plus a mixed cd of our fav tunes. whoppie.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all my wannabe TaiTai's, here's a lesson on making Muah Chee.
-
Directions:

Cut a lil dough, and make sure to dab off all that excess sesame oil.
Modern TaiTai's are thin!
Note: A lil dough goes a long way, cause it yields a lot Muah Chee. Yes it does.
Place dough in mixture of ground peanuts, ground sesame seeds, and fine castor sugar.
SnipSnipSnip that dough into puny pieces.
Your children don't have that big a mouth. Slather each piece with a generous amount of the peanut mixture, and rollrollroll.
Note: You know that everyone around wants a piece of your masterpiece, so use that scissors as a weapon and protect your Muah Chee.Place on a pretty plate and serve to hubby and children.
You'll make the best TaiTai in the world! Wheeee.

It's a Love Story, baby, just say yes.

No comments: